2002 Convertible Chrysler 2.7l V6 LXi. American Import For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

16371.uk

Sadly it"s time for me to sell my Chrysler Sebring Convertible <br />
I bought this car in 2008 when I lived in Boston Massachusetts, USA. When I moved back to the UK later that year, I brought the car with me for the rarity value here. Only 50 of these cars were released in the UK when the car was launched and all 50 were the European model. The model for sale here is a genuine USA model (it even has the Back Bay parking permit and a Massachusetts inspection (MOT) stickers) so is even rarer. Having said that, the car is common in the US and areas of Europe and parts are still available from Fiat-Chrysler, so I"ve had no trouble maintaining the car. Many of the parts are also shared with other more common Chrysler models.<br />
After 11 years of ownership I realised I didn"t want to have the same car for the rest of my life and wanted to try something new. I"ll be sad to see it go, but I don"t have storage space and it wouldn"t be right to leave this car to decay in a garage. I"d rather see it go to another owner that will use it.<br />
The car is a head turner, as a lot of people don"t know what it is.<br />
I"ve used it frequently year-round, but only done an average of around 3,000-4,000 miles per year. Although the registration is a 51 plate, it could actually be an 02, or 52 plate. The US registration document I had only stated manufacture in 2002, so DVLA took it as 1st Jan 2002, hence 51 plate.<br />
What"s unusual about this car is that there"s plenty of legroom in the back and you can get two big suitcases in the boot. Perfect for cruising to the continent on holiday.<br />
The good:<br />
Smooth engine that has some power to it when you put your foot down<br />
Good gearbox, that changes gears very smoothly<br />
All the electrics work (with the exception of the rear defroster, as the connector has broken off after years of the roof going up and down).<br />
No error warning lights.<br />
Excellent stereo. I had to replace the original with a modern Sony. The stereo has all the wired and wireless inputs for you to play music, satnav directions, etc from your phone, tablet or USB. Also has handsfree dialling, etc. There is no CD player (who uses CDs anymore?).<br />
Aircon still blows very cold<br />
Roof is in good condition.<br />
MOT 17 May 2020<br />
The bodywork is in great condition for a 17 year old car. I"ve waxed it every year before winter.<br />
No rips or major marks in the leather seats<br />
The bad:<br />
The car needs a new nearside ball joint. It passed the MOT and is perfectly safe, it just makes a squeaky noise of rubber on metal when turning left, so it should be replaced. I had the offside done last year at a cost of about 250.<br />
The timing belt/chain will need replacing at 100,000 miles<br />
There is a small leak from the gearbox sump. Not enough to cause any problems, the last service suggested monitoring the leak.<br />
On long journeys for some reason the oil light can come on when the engine is idling and it"s in gear. As soon as you touch the throttle it goes off again. Probably a sticking sensor/switch. <br />
The ugly:<br />
There are two dents on the front of the bonnet and a small one on the driver"s door. See photos.<br />
<br />
<br />

Date written: 22-Jul-2019

Price: <td><strong>£2250 As stated

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 16371

Back