Garage Dehumidifiers

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
The colder weather is coming, risk of damp in the garage exp[ecially parking a wet car in there. Not wanting things to go mouldy why do people do to combat this?

Do you have fan ventulation?
Do you run a dehumidifier?

I had been running a dehumdifier. TRhe large white one is an AC with a dehumidifier function. Ran a pipe into a 20 litre container in the pit.
It did seem the little blue one was running just as evvective.
1729085879425.png

Garage floor space is very useful to have and having dehumidifiers on the floor isn't idea. I may want that space for something else.

There are wall mount dehumidifiers available.
So started to look for an ideal one for the garage. This one has a car in the photo, so should be ideal.
1729086039786.png

Ordered this last Tuesday. Arrived yesterday.
1729086107020.png

I have unboxed it, but not had time to install yet. I'll add in a new power point right above it.

Incase anyone was interested in reading a bit out the product its this one:- https://www.nationalheatershops.co.uk/p/calorex-dh-15ax-wall-mounted-dehumidifier/

So is humidity and issue? Ideally 40-60% relative humidity is ideal. Above 70% mold can form.

1000077117.png

I do have some electronics out there so want to take care of that by keeping the temperature reasonable and humidity low. Image above starts with the smaller dehumidifier is on until oct 10th. You can see how much it increased without it on.

Which this new dehumidifier it has a 10mm flexible outlet pipe, I plan to run that out the wall and into a 68mm drain pipe from the guttering on the garage roof. that goes to a soak away in the garden.

One query I have on the new dehumifidier. Its features make it sound like you can set 40% rel humidity. I wonder is that is true?

1729087318361.png

Removed the cover this is the only control it has. I guess I can run it as it, see what humidity level it gets to in there, and turn it to the right if I want to keep things drier.
1729087385219.png

Exciting stuff. Lookiong forward to getting this 33kg device up on the wall.

Back