1968 Mustang Help

severin

Hello, I have a 68 Mustang with a 289 and 5sp. I retired and have been on an extended holiday abroad and left my 2 sons to start it up every so often and keep things turning. Of course, they didnt! 3 times in 12 months and the 3rd time theres the problem. It wont start. So, I dont want to break any rules or anything but can anyone recommend a mobile mechanic sympathetic to V8 Fords? I really want to get it fired up and well, you know what its like to hear a V8 and even better when its your V8. Thanks all in anticipation of a response. Glenn

Hi Glenn. There is someone in the club called Mick with a Mustang of a similar year. Also Chris on here may have info too.
I have asked Mick if he can respond on here.
There are no rules on recommending mechanics. I'm up for sharing any info possible to help others.
I do my own work on my car(modern Pontiac). I don't personally know of any mechanics. I know some Mustang users take their cars to somewhere called https://www.modurstang.co.uk/
Hope someone will chime in with better info.
I don't know if you are local. But Port Solent meet is a good venue to talk to other Mustang owners, they meet on the 1st Sunday of the month. There are gatherings of American cars also on the 2nd Sunday and Last Sunday which also includes many Mustangs around 10am till Noon.

Last edited:
Hi Glenn, I have a 69 302 Mustang. I don't know any mobile mechanics but I see you are in Bognor so I would look at going to a local meet and chat to local owners. Also try asking small local garages for recommendations. 'Saleen' might see this, he used to live down your way.

Hello, I have a 68 Mustang with a 289 and 5sp. I retired and have been on an extended holiday abroad and left my 2 sons to start it up every so often and keep things turning. Of course, they didnt! 3 times in 12 months and the 3rd time theres the problem. It wont start. So, I dont want to break any rules or anything but can anyone recommend a mobile mechanic sympathetic to V8 Fords? I really want to get it fired up and well, you know what its like to hear a V8 and even better when its your V8. Thanks all in anticipation of a response. Glenn
Hi, I live in Bognor and have been around yank stuff since the early 80's,also did my C&G back in the day,,Message up and i will do what i can

BEWARE of help offered in the Bognor area . There is one of the biggest rip off artists about operating in that area :( I don't know if this group has a NO blame and shame policy but I can advise by PM .You give ME the name of those offering to help and if it comes up I'll confirm.

Meanwhile I'd suggest at least half a tank of fresh fuel as ethanol breaks down and causes issues. Also with non use a big problem is ethanol residue on float needles. The other big thing is DECENT battery , get yours drop tested to ensure full output. My moden daily would have systems go down and throw fault codes even though it would start fine lights work etc.

By the way I have need ofa mobile mechanic the waterlooville area . Ill health prevenst me form doing what I'm fully capable of so need a 'helper monkey' !! :) I've been building cars for over 50 years so if anyone wants to 'apprentic' to me ?

BEWARE of help offered in the Bognor area . There is one of the biggest rip off artists about operating in that area :( I don't know if this group has a NO blame and shame policy but I can advise by PM .You give ME the name of those offering to help and if it comes up I'll confirm.

Meanwhile I'd suggest at least half a tank of fresh fuel as ethanol breaks down and causes issues. Also with non use a big problem is ethanol residue on float needles. The other big thing is DECENT battery , get yours drop tested to ensure full output. My moden daily would have systems go down and throw fault codes even though it would start fine lights work etc.
July92RS is a trust worthy one, offering much good advice on the forum over the years.

July92RS is a trust worthy one, offering much good advice on the forum over the years.
Thanks Dan, I maybe not a daily regular to the forum but as you point out have given advice where possible,,,,isn't what this club/forum is all about, sharing with like minded people when it matters

Back