Panhard bar setup for the T/A

Larger FedEx items have arrived.

Body strengthening. Connect the front chassis to the rear.
1724752667658.png

Front and rear swar bars.
1724752697671.png

you will have to paint the underside to match all those nice new red shiney bits .

you will have to paint the underside to match all those nice new red shiney bits .
Yep, certainly will. There is old underseal from 2003 on there. I have added some Lanoguard too(clear spray on waxy stuff). The condition is very good. Im am still tempted to give it a nice black coat of POR15. It will looks very nice, clean black underside with the shiny red bits. Certainly going to be worth getting some nice photos/videos while its all nice. The best place to do that is over the pit. :)

Ordered a tube of grease from the same place i got all the parts from.
As its different grease, I brought a new grease gun. also popped one of their stickers on it, so I know what grease is in there. Ready to grease them poly bits once fitted.
1725529346393.png

Done a bit more unpacking of the parts. It was very well packaged.
1725529404574.png

My other red bits certainly need a clean, also the new steering rack is getting grubby.
1725529579834.png

Got mysaelf a GoPro, and also this clamp. My aim is to glamp this camera need the wheels and go for a drive. It will show my how closer the tyre can get to the wheel arch. I'll do a before and after of fitting the parts.
1725616744224.png

I'll create another thread about the camera and attachments. I aim to put videos on Youtube, perhaps I will become popular... lol. Worth a laugh, and it may also help someone else out with sharing findings.

Front sway bar fitted.
1725793944406.png

Took about an hour. Its only 4 bolts for the center clamps and 2 end links. It shouldn't have taken that long, nothing seized. Should be plain sailing.
However there is a clamp pixing over the top of one othe bolts, that ment removing that clamp, this clamp had two other bolts in the wheel arch. so the car needed to be jacked up and wheel removed to get to these other bolts.
1725794082370.png

Anyway, its on there and all good. Been for a test drive. No noticible difference really, but then I wasn't expecting one, as this isn't too different to the stock bar. I was already running poly bushed end links. Perhaps in dryer weather I could throw it into the ccorners more. Atleast it will match all the other stuff going on there.

During the test drive I was recording the back wheel to see how close it gets to the arch. A littlle hump back bridge came in handy.
1725794633294.png

Gets close during landing, but still 20mm.
1725794721790.png

Video is around 30mins long. I'll check for other spots too.

If you wanted it all matching to look nice a TIN OF RED PAINT would of been cheaper lol,,,,,,, (y) (y) :p :p :p

Video of the drive.
Starts and finishes by the Harvest home in Denmead.

Back