What have you done to your vehicle today?

This week I took the alternator off the Bonneville, had it re-conditioned, and then refitted it. The regulator had failed on it, so I had the regulator replaced and had the whole thing stripped down, serviced and rebuilt.

This week I took the alternator off the Bonneville, had it re-conditioned, and then refitted it. The regulator had failed on it, so I had the regulator replaced and had the whole thing stripped down, serviced and rebuilt.

Excellent. That should keep the battery happy!
Any other winter projects planned?

Just a couple of other minor electrical niggles that I'd like to get sorted out. Other than that it's just a matter of keeping it clean and keep using it!

well fuel pump was leaking so had to remove and sort and replace back into tank from behind rear passenger seat thought it was tank at 1st until i saw top of fuel pump so hope i have sorted it???

Looks alot like the pump assembly in my Trans-Am. Electrical connections are still in the liquid which seemed a bit odd to me at first.

It's all DC, nothing to worry about.
Nothing to worry about electrically, but a spark in a fuel tank doesn't sound like a perfect scenario, but I guess the fuel air mixture isn't good enough to ignite, but at some point when you have very little fuel and 14.6 times more air you have the perfect ratio, but then I guess the fuel tank is in a partial vacuum. It can't be dangerous as it would have been stopped some time ago.

You would only get a spark if the 12v can jump to earth. By keeping the wires far enough apart, sufficient insulation and plastic fuel tanks, there is little danger.

In the wake of the sudden cold spell i decided i have better change the coolant today...no pictures as i am sure most here have seen or done this task

Did you old coolant look good? I've seen someone people drain theirs and its come out a muddy brown. Whenever I've checked mine its been approx the colour I put in. perhaps iron engines add more colour to the coolant, or perhaps its lack of coolant change.
Anyway, at least you know its done and no radiator cracks this winter. :p

Refitted the fl wheel to the Fiero. Took it off yesterday to have a puncture repaired.
Washed the daily. It was 1/2" thick in mud and cow poo from my daily route. Wasn't pleasant out there, blowing a gale and cold rain but the jobs have to be done!
Now back inside with a nice coffee.

Cleaned the Trans-Am today, inside and our, really needed a good vacumming inside. Had some mould making the steering wheel fury. So used some Auto Glym inside and its a whole lot better now The exhaust pipes were a tad black from carbon deposits.
IMAG1562.jpg

So gave them a good seeing to. Look a whole lot better now.
IMAG1563.jpg

I got a Roadhawk HD for crimbo. I did have a Roadhawk standard model but after 5 years it wasn't reliably recording, even used different memory cards, so it was very handy i got a new one. So installed this after cleaning the car. Same fixings and power as the old one, so didn't take long to pop in at all. Just have to go out for a quick drive.
[video=youtube;BKzWmM3eUGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKzWmM3eUGg[/video]
Gave it some beans after the roundabout, but lack of traction. Sounds good, puts a smile on my face. Good picture even though it was getting dark.

Replaced 2 ball joints 2 drop links front brake pads on my dads van for MOT,

Back