What have you done to your vehicle today?

Washed the stang and polished up the rims with autosol just got the body to polish tomorrow looked at fitting the new carpet in TA then looked at the weather lol so it's still on the bedroom floor!!!! Ordered so leather cleaning kit for the stang

Changed the cabin filter on the mustang it needed doing as I was getting condensation build up looks like it might have been OME lol image.jpgimage.jpg

Looks like it was in need of a change.

replaced rear wheel bearing and brakes on van with out to much hassle as well nice when it all goes smoothly,

making a new exhaust had to adjust transmission cross member to get clearance

Cleaned the leather seats in the mustang and soaked them in leather milk they look fresh and new

Oil and filter change on the mustang and yes daz I fitted new sump plug seal!!!

Fitted a new car cover to the Fiero as the strong winds during the week ripped the old one to shreds ;)

Vacuumed out the remaining water from the trans-am with a Vax borrowed from Jason with the Beetle and Austin allegro police car.

I had to do the same with the mustang!!! You need to borrow a dehumidifier from some one that will draw it out of the underlay etc

I had to do the same with the mustang!!! You need to borrow a dehumidifier from someone that will draw it out of the underlay etc
We have a nice new one from Kenwood, so when the weather is dry and sunny ish I will run out the extension lead and get it going for a few hours.

Changed the headlight bulbs from Halogen to Cree LED.
My advice to anyone considering this is don't. I had to spend a happy 20mins at lunchtime pulling the headlights back out and swapping in standard Halogens for the journey home tonight.
They seem to work fine in low power applications like number plate lights and sidelights but for headlights they just put out no light at all and definately no beam pattern that I could see. They look cool but completely unsafe.

Pulled the rear brakes apart and cleaned and lubricated the slide pins, cleaned off the surface rust and cleaned off the brake dust build up, and re-assembled. Will see if that stop them sticking.
Also found and fixed the source of the exhaust rattle.

Filling this out in advance lol,
Got my dad's van to sort out he came home today saying the hazard light switch is not working great dismantle half the lower dashboard to get to it,

Fixed rear lights on mustang due to slave bulb blowingimage.jpgimage.jpg now got to check boot seal as I found yet more water hence bulb blowing only in a ford!!!

Chris, is that standard or some sort of home conversion??
That looks really cheap & awful! (Apologies if you have done it but I'm horrified if that's stock Ford!)

No not me.!! It's on my mustang !! Common done for IVA to put Amber lights in the reversing lamps and to load the system to flash slower to meet uk speed! For mot . I agree it's sh1t but it's a ford and I'm sure there's plenty out there that's worse!. I've seen old landys with better wiring lol. I'll get daz on the case!! It will end up a chevy lol

Sorry no jokes about ford chevy on this matter, this is totaly shocking what a fu'king bodge up wiring job for the sva conversion bloody hell chris bet your heart missed a beat when you saw this. plenty of threads about sva converssions with differant ways of doing it but none with sh@t like this, good luck with sorting it out,

Last edited:
I can only assume daz that the 1st owner that imported it (mocgb member) had it done. Which seems a shame as the rest of the car is mint and all the mods have be well thought out and installed with perfection I'm mind. Perhaps daz as your electrical expertise in modern things is better than mine. You could come up with a better and neater way to do it.as you know I've got a 68 109 landy which is running LEDs all round on its standard wiring but with a special relay for the indicators . Which is and was simple to work with nothing hidden and nothing to go wrong other than 1 relay.

Back