What have you done to your vehicle today?

Yesterday actually:
The Fiero suddenly developed a high idle situation and if driven like it would suddenly misfire.
The car actually had this issue, although less severe when we bought it and after much diagnosis I got it down to either the TPS or the IAC. Of course, I changed the TPS first and then had to fork out for the IAC when it didn't solve it. So this time, I found the reset procedure which very temporaily fixes it, just to confirm the same diagnosis, and once again the IAC has failed.
Seems to be a common problem, as after contacting Ultimate Spares of America they had two on order but both had already been pre-sold!! Not surprised if they only last 5 years between changes!!!
So, now on order from Rockauto and hope to have it fixed by Wheels day, just in case the Trans-Am isn't ready!

Fingers crossed. Did you check for vacuum leaks too? the pipe to the brake booster, or anything on the intake like little pipes that go somewhere else? little rubber hoses perish and let in air causing the high idle.

Never changed the IAC on mine (13 years now), although did suspect it on my '89 Firebird, but it turned out to be a vacumm leak instead.

Fitted a v8 engine into a none v8 109 landrover (was a 2 1/4 petrol) lots of bulkhead alterations lol

Where did the V8 come from? Not the Mustang I hope.

Well today I've been doing some chassis reconstruction sorry didn't take a before pic but let's just say there wasn't much there lol image.jpgimage.jpg

Not that landy chassis you had leaning up against the garage wall is it by any chance ??????????????????????????????

Yep all welded up and going for galvanizing week after next.so will start a new thread once I start building it back up as I'm still thinking about fitting a (oh sh1t red rag to a bull) chevy engine into it lol. For everyone else this is a swb air portable landrover designed to fit and be dropped by aeroplane (1970) one of the first series 2.

Waiting for new cones for the 3" perf-tube upsize (from 2") so though I might as well start polishing the pipes.....20160315_144941.jpg20160315_144954.jpg

Shinneeeee but not for long.......

They do look nice. Do you have a machine for polishing. Think my hands would be tired after 10 mins. Good results though, certainly see a huge difference.

Hands free....

They do look nice. Do you have a machine for polishing. Think my hands would be tired after 10 mins. Good results though, certainly see a huge difference.

Yes, just a cordless drill, polishing mop and polishing compound bar does the trick.....it still took a fair old time to get the burnt on stuff off though. Wheels were easier if a bit fiddly
20160313_115251.jpg

Time to release a few more horses from my strangled 383 SBC Stroker....these new sidepipe inserts might help methinks. 2" to 3" together with slightly more refined cones than on the DAX originals. Had them spun up locally & i designed them to fit inside the perf tube so getting a perfect right angled fit 20160323_133804.jpg

Looking good, got a fitment picture??

HTML:
Always good to stop strangling ponies
Now Now be kind to us mustang owners lol,

Back