What have you done to your vehicle today?

Well, fitted the new IAC to the Fiero and the problem still existed. So I pulled the throttle body off and noticed all the IAC passages were clogged up. Probably too many short runs?
Gave it a thorough clean with carb cleaner and got lots of bits out, and after resetting the IAC again it's much better.

sounds like a plan. I know of a guy in the states who uses a late model gearbox (I think a 4L80E) out of late model f-body in his 1974. The cool thing is that its been adapted to paddle shifters.
Paddle shifters on a 2nd gen!!!!

i plan to hook mine up to the original shifter and the efi

Well, fitted the new IAC to the Fiero and the problem still existed. So I pulled the throttle body off and noticed all the IAC passages were clogged up. Probably too many short runs?
Gave it a thorough clean with carb cleaner and got lots of bits out, and after resetting the IAC again it's much better.

Glad you got to the bottom of it.

Not to the car but for the car lol,
Painted the floor in the smaller garage nearly Ford blue as well (mixed up all the left over floor paint i had,
DSCF1621.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

At least you started painting from the correct end.

Looking good.

Put four new tyres on the Honda daily today.

You really must stop doing donuts and burnouts in a honda :thumb:

This week's jobs.....
Side-pipes now stuffed with acoustafil and back on the car - should be firing her up tomorrow to annoy the neighbours :target:
M E Wagner PCV valve finally arrived from the States and plumbed in to replace the strange arrangement that the previous owner put in - got caught for VAT, bad enough but £8 Royal Mail fee for paying the VAT over to HMRC is a rip off!
New dual fuel line to replace the nasty chrome jobbie arrived yesterday and now plumbed in.
Just a fuel filter to fit & then she'll be ready to start up, adjust the PCV and Carb & hopefully be ready for the next club meeting.
20160408_163911.jpg20160218_151233.jpg

Cool looking good . so i should be able here you start the old girl up then tomorrow from here in wale's lol,

Cool looking good . so i should be able here you start the old girl up then tomorrow from here in wale's lol,

Probably Haha.....mind you I can't drive it now as I have lost an arm and a leg buying the bits......:crutch:

Last edited:
Well, I haven't been on the forum for ages, but had see this thread and have been meaning to try and put something. Although what with family commitments etc I seldom get the chance to do anything to the Firebird, so there hasn't been much to put. But I saw Dan and Sarah briefly on Sunday and when they mentioned going to the truck stop earlier, it spurred me on to try and do a bit to the car and get it back out on the road...so I rubbed down and primed another door! LolIMG_20160410_160056026.jpg

Just not good enough car always comes 1st has no ever told you that ?:thumb:
Ok we need more info on this firebird looks like a gen3 ?? paint and what other plans?

You are right it is a 3rd gen.

Just not good enough car always comes 1st has no ever told you that ?:thumb:
Ok we need more info on this firebird looks like a gen3 ?? paint and what other plans?

Hi Darren
As Dan has said, you're right, it is a 3rd Gen. It is actually a Firebird SE, 5.0 V8 with four on the floor. The engine and trans are STD at the moment. I may fit some tuning bits down the line but will be happy enough just to get it back on the road to be honest.
I have done a few shows and cruises in it many Moons ago, there are a few pics of it on this site actually. But then I took it off the road for the welding marathon!
I have just tried to download a few more "work in progress" pics from my phone, but got a message about there being not enough memory? Not sure what that was about. I will try again later from a PC.
Cheers
Will

Doesn't look a million miles away from being finished a couple of weekends maybe ???

Doesn't look a million miles away from being finished a couple of weekends maybe ???

Hi Chris
Yeah, if I found the time to crack on with it, probably not much more than that really.
Incidentally, once is has been primed, I will be looking for someone to spray it. I don't have the gear and my garage is pretty damp. Also, as it will be black, I wouldn't trust myself to do it.
I don't have a huge budget, but I will do all prep, even mask it up, so if you or anybody knows anyone who can help that would be great!

It depends on wot finish you want I've got a guy that sprays and is also a petrolhead so loves motors so would be cheaper than a company etc he sprays cars boats plant etc so not bmw prices etc if interested I can pass on the info he is based in rudgwick. He can also transport collect etc

Back