What have you done to your vehicle today?

Cool thanks for picture's :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Didn't realise that the yellow was part of the primer ready for the black to go on keep up the ggod work and pic's

It depends on wot finish you want I've got a guy that sprays and is also a petrolhead so loves motors so would be cheaper than a company etc he sprays cars boats plant etc so not bmw prices etc if interested I can pass on the info he is based in rudgwick. He can also transport collect etc

Thanks for that Chris. Yes, I would be interested in roughly what your mate would charge to blow it over. As long as it comes out smooth, black and shiny I will be happy!
Regards
Will

I will find out for you.will the car need transporting from yours to his etc ?

Glad you got to the bottom of it.

Wish we had. The problem came back so we ordered another TPS.
This arrived Friday so we got round to fitting it and reset the system - grrrr still not fixed it.
Going to do a few more tests today so fingers crossed!

This arrived Friday so we got round to fitting it and reset the system - grrrr still not fixed it

It's curious. I would swear a vacuum leak but when you reset the PCM the problem goes until the PCM re-learns.
I'm hoping it's not a wiring fault. The wiring harness runs through the intake manifold (3 piece design) and it would be a nightmare.
It's been suggested a longer drive to allow the PCM to learn, it's an easy one to test so will try it this morning.

Could you bring me up to sped on fault as cant remember what 1st fault was AT.. could it be MAF?

Could you bring me up to sped on fault as cant remember what 1st fault was AT.. could it be MAF?

The Fiero started developing a high idle condition that got worse until it's now almost undriveable.
The high idle is accompanied by a misfire or stutter/hesitation as you ease into the throttle.
It's not a vacuum leak, as that would be present all the time. We can solve the high idle condition by resetting the PCM. Once it relearns, something is outside the normal Blm tables and is setting the idle high again.
The IAC has been replaced as has the TPS.
This engine has a MAP not MAF.

IAT? (Intake Air Temprature Sensor) not sure if your car has one separate or built into the MAF? if this plays up it can certainly mess with the mixture, not sure if would cause high idle. Maybe worth checking though.

I guess with no maf then iat would be more important in the calculations.

If the IAT fails or reads wrong then as a consequence it will turn on the cold start injector which could easily cause the high idle (and high fuel consumption too!).
I have a chart showing resistance readings for various air temperatures so will do some testing.
We could replace both the IAT and ECM temp sensor for £60 so probably worth doing anyway as at 28 years old they are probably way past their best.

Gave it a bit of a clean, comes up quite shinny. The Kia that is. Trans-Am to clean before Sunday, it wont have a shine like this though.
IMAG1947.jpg

Glad sarah is earning her keep lol,

Fitted new bonnet to the stang before it gos off to Maidstone for its paint detail and new stripes image.jpg

Looking great, what strips will you be going for? Matt black like the bumper? or something else?

Cars going back to silver as it was in 2008 for the magazine image.jpgimage.jpgand a pic of it before bonnet change

I do like the silver stripes. Personally it would be the way I would go.

Back