My Nova

Hi Darren

Looks like youve done well with the carbs you now have a choice, i dont know about Quadrajets only Holleys so i would be tempted to stick with that. Look forward to seeing your new carb set up.

Cheers Superb!

Decided to go with the Qjet as it has smaller primaries, so more economical when cruising and HUGE secondaries for lots of fun with the foot on the floor (150CFM worth of fun more than the Holley). I've got myself a book on the Qjet and it looks like the carb I have with a little modification could quite happilly fuel a 700BHP engine.

If I go really mad a few years down the line I may even look at a twin Qjet and air scoop set-up, when I strip the engine right down and up the compression ratio and get better heads and a nice cam. Don't think I've ever seen a twin Qjet car.

nice work Darren

looking good

For all of you that saw the start of the carnage on Saturday, just thought I'd let you all know that it's all on and running now. Took a bit of fabricating and flame avoidance, and there's still a few bits to do to make it nice, but it's in and it's running and it all seems good. The throttle is smoother, and the noise when the secondaries open up is quite nice. I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow as it was dark when it was finished.

Glad its all running again, will be good to hear it now. I saw it on Saturday, but wasn't all together at the point.

Haha, on Saturday it was all going fine up until the realisation that the throttle and kickdown brackets would not work. After some customisation it's all working very nicely. The throttle is physically smoother to operate, on the old carb it felt notchy.

The only problem with all this is that now there is a lot more I need to do to get the rest of it looking good :lol:

hi Darren looking good loveing the pinstriping next time i see you il get a vids of the car running

Love the pretty purple bits ha ha and really like the pinstriping, well done you xx

There will be even more purple soon in the form of some Flowtech Purple Hornies under the car. I'm just referbing them at the moment before giving them a re-spray.

[video=youtube;O7ffF2tHL90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ffF2tHL90[/video]

I needed a new tyre to pass mot this year as it barely made it through last year. I manages to pick up a new set of wheels with good tread for less than the cost of 1 tyre, so I'll be picking them up soon. I prefer my current wheels, so when i need to get new rubber again, the current wheels will be going back on, I'll probably get them refurbished to. Here's a pic of the new American Racing wheels.

$(KGrHqV,!icE1Nrnhvj,BNY!2mJb+g~~_12.JPG

Picked up my wheels today. They could do with a bit of a clean and the yellow bit painting matt black, but for the price of 1 tyre I got 4 wheels & tyre which have pretty much got brand new treads. I'll miss the white lettering, but in a few years I'll have the slot mags back on the car, refurbed properly with new BF Goodriches all round. I'm very happy, just need to get rid of the old rubber properly :lol:

:burnout:

have you got em on the nova yet ??? how they look

Hi Matt, the new wheels aren't on yet. I need to give them a clean and de-yellow them (paint the yellow bits black). They'll be on before the end of May as that's when my MOT is :lol:

Time for a Horny update....

They have gone from this (I'd already rotary wire-brushed them at this stage)...
PurpleHornies-Before.jpg

...to this...
PurpleHornies.jpg

I think they almost look as good as new, I'm pretty pleased. This means at some point in the future the Nova will be getting a bit louder :D

nice work

they look goos mate but slots look better . exhausts are looking good when they going on

Back